Occasion of Eid-UL-Adha
Eid-UL-Adha is an Islamic religious event for Muslims. This occasion is celebrated after the Hajj. In remembrance of Hazrat Ibrahim and Hazrat Ismail’s sacrifice, Muslims sacrifice their animals on this occasion. A large number of Muslims worldwide sacrifice their animals i.e., Goat, Cow, Camel, and Lamb.
We must celebrate this Eid by considering the importance of cleanliness. In celebration of this Sunnah-Ibrahim (R.A), Don’t make your surroundings unhygienic. Avoid the activities or habits that harm your environment and ultimately have a bad impact on humans.
How do we harm our ecosystem?
Improper dumping of animal waste, improper cleaning of the blood of animals during slaughtering in streets, poorly managing the extra internal body parts of the animal and thrown out in streets.
Improper management and lack of consideration for cleanliness during this religious festival often have a major impact on the environment. It results in a major environmental footprint.
It causes land pollution and disturbs the sanitary system. Uncovered waste of animals causes a foul smell in that area and also becomes a habitat for disease-causing animals and insects. And similarly, also facing air pollution in form of emission of gasses from vehicles and also passenger facing Traffic blocking. After performing this Sunnah-Ibrahim, Qurbani, special food, and meat in different styles are prepared in houses that are visited by relatives, neighbors, and well-wishers. This causes great food wastage as the number of dishes and quantity of food prepared is more than the number of visitorss.
Measurements are taken to celebrate the Eco-friendly Eid
- There should be policies and action plans for the Proper management of municipal wastes. Firstly, promote cleanliness and give awareness to people about the hazards of an unhygienic environment to our ecosystem. Also, give awareness of how to dispose the animal waste and how to handle the skin of animals. Provide bags to citizens to handle the animal waste properly.
- There should be a properly integrated waste management system around the clock, especially during this festive for the collection of solid waste from streets and communal sites. Service to provide facilities to people on their one call.
- On the other hand, there is a need to fulfill our duties on our own. During this activity, we have to maintain cleanliness in our houses and our areas. Wash out the blood properly, permitting it to become the habitat of flies and other insects.
- Handover the skin and hides of animals to the nearest well-fare organization and foundations.
- Dispose of the leftover animals in form of waste in communal bins rather than throwing them in the streets.
- While planning for Eid-UL-Adha celebrations, it is now imperative that we need think twice before buying, procuring any food items, clothing, etc., and considering the environment.
There is a need to change our attitude and habits to make our country clean and beautiful.
Role of WBM Foundation
WBM Foundation on this occasion gives awareness regarding maintaining cleanliness. Also promoting eco-friendly Eid Celebration through the social media platform and guiding the people in maintaining the beautiful environment and how to save our mother earth from contamination or pollution.